I love quitting, and since I’ve practiced it so much, I can rightfully say that I am a master at it by now. Yet, I still have so many things I would like to know how to quit.
These are the things I wish I could quit:
- thinking it’s my fault and I did something wrong when someone doesn’t call me back for a second or third date.
- creating horror stories in my mind when something doesn’t go the way I expected
- eating meat (but that thing just taste too good, and I am too lazy to come up with new recipes)
- not to see the negatives in people so early on in the game
- seeking love, approval and understanding from other people, and give it to myself fully.
- thinking that happiness is out there, a career, a thick bank account, a devoted lover or a long travel away. It isn’t.
- obsessing about “knowing” and could just appreciate and focus on “being” instead.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Milkshake from BurgerVille (but that shit is too addictive, and I’ll just have to endure the torture until it is finally off- season).
- thinking that I am not a good enough mom, just because I don’t live up to the false, unrealistic image I’ve created in my head about good moms. Or thinking life would be better if I didn’t have kids. (because that’s not true…but I sure can convince myself often about it)
- holding on so tight and just let everything go… let myself go…. let everything flow.
- thinking….obsessing about certain thoughts.
- Tinder ( it always comes back to my life, promising me the world, and leaving me empty and nauseated)
- being so hard on myself sometimes
- being afraid to speak up, ask for what’s mine.
- doubting myself and my talents, skills.
- staying up late at nights and waking up tired the next day. (that’s why I’m stopping now and going to bed!)
The list is not finished, but I quit in the middle …
Although I have my work cut out for me, and one will be harder than the other to accomplish, I am still hopeful that my quitting skills will get better and better with time, and I will be able to check off all of these bulletpoints on the list.
(Not sure about the milkshake though…. that probably has crack cocaine in it, and I am hopelessly weak against that.)